Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla....

Today I'm gonna start my stay in the village I told you about due to my KKN. But, fucken boring last night! I had to stay in the village last night already due to the late transport that was supposed to let us back to the town before evening so we weren't supposed to stay overnight there. So the car supposed to pick all our bags and stuff up to the village was supposed to arrive at the meeting place at 3pm.

Lalalalala... they arrived at fucken 5.30!! Aaaaarrggghhh.... It was already late at the first place to go to the village.

Yet, it was raining.
________________________

When we arrived in the village it was already 6.30 or something. Having found the first house, we unloaded the truck and kept some stuff on to unload them later at the other village quite far from where I stayed. It mildly rained.

It took some time to unload the truck at the first house so the truck went to the other village up on the hill 30-40mins later.

Anyway, so after we finished unloading the stuff and brought them inside the house, I asked everyone...

"Let's go back now otherwise it'll be too late!"
"Hmmm, hmmm... too dark. I think we have to stay overnight here tonight..."

So, yea, the road back to the town wasn't really facilitated by lights until you reach the main civilization. Stuff like that. Yet it was mildly raining and freaking cold.

They had reasons but mostly no options!! We had to stay! :((

Our plan was to not stay in the village last night. So this early freaking cold morning at 5.30 we decided to hit the road to go back to the town.

We will go back to the village later this morning. I'll probably get ready after posting this blog.

So, this is how it works. The KKN program is mainly about students staying in a village for weeks helping people living there to improve their life.

From today, I will stay in the village until the next 40 days. I will probably come back home here but it has to be brief and rare as we're not allowed to really go out of the village so often unless there's an emergency.

So, guys, from now until the next 40 days I will have my blog so quiet without so many posts.

Will surely miss blogging but kcuf I'm stuck!

See you again some time, peeps!!

\m/

26 comments:

Marcus said...

Good luck. It sounds like the start of an adventure. In that way I'm a bit envious.

Rad Sujanto said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rad Sujanto said...

Hmmm... they (uni peeps) actually keep reminding us : "This is not a picnic, ok, guys!?"

Will miss English, seriously... :(

Marcus said...

Then pack a picnic basket :)

It might seem silly but it would help to bond with some of your colleagues.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! :) Are you guys helping out the victims of the dam accident? It was in the newspaper.

You should document your adventures at the village. Who knows..Discovery Channel might wanna buy copyrights to your story. Then you get to appear on tv!

littletiara said...

well... at least try to enjoy it, hmm... there's no other way, btw, where is it? Your KKN location?

Cashmere said...

Hey Rad! I need ou to give me a 125 x 125px of image for your blog cos I'm going to put up ur blog at the side for being one of my top commenters in March.. :)

Marcus said...

> Cashmere: You should use this image

I'm sending him a lateral thinking or a joke every evening. He reports that he's painfully bored but has yet to share what he's actually doing.

foongpc said...

Sorry to hear that, rad! Will miss reading your blog. But look at the bright side - you are helping people and you will get to blog all about what you did and all your "sufferings" afterwards! And I think some time away from the computer will do you some good! : )

Cashmere said...

I agree with foongpc...
Some time away from your pc will do you GREAT.. :)

Marcus said...

Update: Rad is unhappy that the villagers are piling all their work on the volunteers (conscripts?), it makes him feel that they're just being lazy rather than need help. He's also unhappy with one team mate who seems to be loving the fact that everyone else hates it and keeps teasing them.

Twilight Man said...

Adoi! I just found your blog again and you hilang for 40 days!! Okay I will wait for the "Return of The Jedi"...
Take care Rad.

Twilight Man said...

As promised, I have sorted out all the true ghost stories in my blog under 'Twilight Museum'. After 40 days, you can read under blankets!

Rad Sujanto said...

Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi !!!!

Thank you guys for all the comments!

Woooww,, it feels like it's been ages since I touched a proper computer!! :))

Anyway, thanks Marcus for helping me with the image and updates. I appreciated it so much that you transferred our sms chat here :)

Will respond to other comments indirectly in a new post!

JL said...

OMG you were here! The Google bloglist cheated me and say you were afk for 3 weeks! F*cking hell! I do hope you will find time to blog in these 40 days. I'm not going to get cheated by Google again. Ever. :)

Marcus said...

Rad's stressing out a lot. It seems that about 2/3rds of the work needs to be done in one week. I think after that stage he'll get a day off and will be able to update more. He has some doubts about whether he can complete what he needs to do and is worried that he'll fail his KKN. I've advised him to stay focussed and try and work at the same pace as his team members in order to fairly spread the work even if he feels he's doing more than the others. He feels a bit isolated in his group as the only non-Javanese speaker. He's also probably the only French speaker but that's of little benefit in a Javanese village!

littletiara said...

AND!!! You've got an award from me, pick it up on my blog! ;D hope you like it :D

Cashmere said...

It's so quiet... hmmm.... 40 days is long u know..

Tekkaus said...

Wow! You are here already? My...then you should really find some time and update us! :D Ganbatte kudasai ok!

Marcus said...

Rad's roughly halfway through his KKN now. He's not happy but seems to be coping a bit better than he was in the first half of the project. He has been home a couple of times but hasn't had the chance to blog. I'm sure he'll be able to fill in the gaps when he gets back. He's currently involved in a project to verify votes from the election in Indonesia. I don't think it's the work that upsets him more the environment - again I think he can explain better.

Cashmere said...

FASTER!!!!

Marcus said...

Rad is now in his final week of KKN and is working on his report. This is stressing him out. He says he will blog again from next week. He hss had access to computers maybe 4-5 days (trips home) but he hasn't felt like blogging as he's already set his mind to update at the end of his project. He's been especially unhappy recently and I hope that waiting for the end will help him be more positive.

Cashmere said...

You must have really hate this whole project and place.. :D

Marcus said...

Welcome home, Rad. Time to update us all.

Cashmere said...

Have you gotten your inspiration to blog yet?

Rad Sujanto said...

Hi y'all! Thanks for all the comments. I'm already back and have just posted a post. Just wanted to let you know, that's all!

Have a great weekend! :D