Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fucken a long way up

... and fucken so hawt!

Hate me for saying that but I didn't quite like what I had to experience today and don't think I'll like what I'll experience the next one and a half month.

It's KKN again.

So, I with other team members did a general survey on the villages today. We were given one district which would be divided by two villages according to which group who would have most members. What I mean is my team of 15 is divided by two (8 and 7) and two divided teams will be placed in a different village but in the same district. The team with most members (8) will be placed in the village which is located up on the hill. I was going to call it a mountain 'cause seriously the road to the village on the hill from the lower village is VERY escalating and not short.

The uphill village is so called Samigaluh while the other one is called Kali Bawang. Don't bother to know the translation in English otherwise you'll end up wondering why.

Until now I still don't have the information from our supervisor in which village I will be put. I have a feeling I'll be put in the uphill one but I've been hoping otherwise. Pray with me guys!
________________________

So, let me begin the story of the journey to the villages today. Don't worry I'm not like Foongpc who's good at writing a long text. No, I'm not ;)

I was a bit upset again this morning or should I say, this early morning! I got a text yesterday from the head of the team saying we all wud meet up at 7am near uni. Of course I reacted like I was told a bad news... guys, 7am? seriously?

Ok, eventually I managed to calm down myself lol.

But... a bit later on, my phone rang again and a text popped out on the screen.

"Time change: not 7 but 6.30..." -something like that.

Dude! That's fucken in the fucken early morning!! and bla.. bla.. bla...

Wooh... so this (early) morning I woke up. Yes, to the alarm. "6am! 6am! 6am!"

Got up 10mins later... brushed my teeth. Got cloths on. A couple of chewing gum. Hit the road.

Got at the meeting point right on time and even 10mins earlier. The head was there already then not long after that one of the girls showed up. While we waited for others, I asked them if they took a bath before they hit the road in that fucken early morning.

"Sure, I did!"
"Yea, me too!"

"Oh, cool... 'cause I didn't" ;p I mean, wud you, guys?? :))
________________________

The clock showed 6.30 sharp. We'd all gathered and only one more person to wait. Apparently he got an excuse from the head to be coming 10mins late. How he was so lucky! I would have had 10 more mins on my bed.

Having all gathered, we started to hit the road heading off to one more place where our supervisor would be waiting. The 'meeting' with her was supposed to be at 7.30 so we had like 50mins on the way there... and honestly from where we were near the uni to the other place only takes 15mins!!

Fucken crazy! We could have just met up at 7am still! And I could have had like 30 more mins on bed... :(

Ok, ok, ok... what could I do with that? Simply nothing.

Just not on the half way to the other place, a text popped out again. Worse! The supervisor couldn't make it at 7.30 but 8. And when we got there it was still fucken 7!

Ok, the reason was still acceptable although to us it was a bit strange. Apparently she had a guest from Bandung to greet that morning. Dude, a guest at 7am?? okaaaay.... huh? can anyone believe that?

So, there we waited for her...

Oh, yes, good question, guys! Yes, it was freakin' boring!

Time flew as we just kept on gossiping her... seriously.
________________________

She finally showed up...

"Helloooo... it's 8.30!" -No, I didn't say it loud.

I have no more energy to express my upsetness on that now... but I could have just woken up at 8, guys... hehe.
________________________

And so I have no much more energy either to write a longer story here right now. I'm not even sure if you've read this far either...

In case you have, I'll put a bit more details. As I've mentioned a bit what the villages were pretty much like, now let me tell you briefly about the journey back to home. Just briefly.

So, after we finished surveying the lower village (Kali Bawang) we agreed to do one more survey on the uphill village (Samigaluh). The time was already almost one o'clock. We spent much time in the morning talking with students who've been doing the same program there just to share ideas about programs that our team might be able to follow up or do.

We got on each other's bike and ready to hit the road again. Small problem happened again. Apparently four of us wanted to stop the survey and just go back to the town. At the end the rest of us decided to continue the survey on the uphill village without them.

The road was freaking long and escalating! Plus, the sun was burning us up... so freakin' hawt. Although it's still better than if it rains.

We 'found' the village and were happy enough to go back home down to the town.

As we were about to leave the village, one friend yelled that I had my front tire a bit flat. And she was right to better have it pumped before I went down to reduce any risk on the road.

Luckily, it was quite easy to find the air pump. Hold on there, guys. Don't imagine an air automatic pump or diesel pump or something like that, 'cause it was a manual old-fashioned sort of pump.

"Seriously??" I mean it's not that I never use that sort of pump but I never pump a motorbike with it but only my bicycle. We tried and tried, it didn't either help or work. Instead, I lost more air from the tire. Aarrrghh... we gave up.

Luckily (again), suddenly out of nowhere, the owner came out of his house and helped us use the pump properly. Thank God! :)
________________________

So, that was it. I did have to shorten the story as I do know how boring a long story could be when done by someone amateur like me.

Have a good day, guys!

Enjoy my suffers, Mei and Foong! :(( You guys make me wanna cry each time I suffer as you guys love it instead...

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you make me sound like so mean huh?! I am not a mean person :)

Don't be mad eh..but I was reading your story and can't help making a mental note how many times the 'f' words been appearing..hhehe.

What's the survey for?

I hate waiting on ppl. I like ppl who keep their appointments on time.

Rad Sujanto said...

Hahahahaha... Mei I wasn't and am not mad at any of you. Of course I knew you never meant it ;)

Yea, I've been very tired today from having done what I've done all day today. My arse was even so sore from sitting on the bike sooo long...

So the survey was for my team to prepare what we needed to prepare before we are launched to the village. The thing about KKN is that we will be staying in the village for about 40-60 days and doing the program from the uni.

Yea, I don't like waiting myself either. Hi 5, Mei! :))

Anonymous said...

Try and think about the positives. The kind people you'll be helping, the life experience of living in a small village and the opportunity to complete your degree.

The more you can think about the positives the faster the time will go. I know you want to hate the KKN but you know if you do then only you will suffer.

Anyway, you only mentioned chewing guy so those of us in Singapore would get jealous.

Marcus said...

Try and think about the positives. The kind people you'll be helping, the life experience of living in a small village and the opportunity to complete your degree.

The more you can think about the positives the faster the time will go. I know you want to hate the KKN but you know if you do then only you will suffer.

Anyway, you only mentioned chewing guy so those of us in Singapore would get jealous.

Marcus said...

(sorry about the double posting)

...and Fucken sounds like the German equivalent of a certain village in Austria.

I tell you what. I'll try and SMS a joke every day while you're on KKN... deal?

Rad Sujanto said...

Hahahaha... thanks a lot, Marcus! I'll be looking forward to your 40 jokes! ;)

I will try HARD to enjoy it. Let's see... let's see... it's just that life is sooo much different there. I mean limited electricity, no lights on the way down from the uphill village, etc. Hmmm...

Anyway, I didn't know Fucken was a village in Austria. Hehe...

Anonymous said...

Oh I get it. Must be some sort of social program to help the rural community. That's a good thing and for some ppl, it's an opportunity to see the world beyond ourselves and help others. I don't know but I would make the best of this situation and learn something. It can be hard to be away from the comforts of home....no electricity, water and utiliies.

But I overcame my personal fears by visiting the orang asli (local aboriginal ppl) community 3 times and personally, it's an achievement. I made sure I have ample toilet rolls and hand sanitizer on those trips :)

Rad Sujanto said...

If it was only for 2-3 days or a week I wouldn't really mind. But staying in the 'limited' village for 40days? Hmm... of course I can't always think of the positives as leaving some things that we've been used to doing and having is not always so easy.

But thanks for the support, Mei. I will remember your words during my stay there :)

foongpc said...

Wow! Very fucken loooooong post today, rad!

It took me so fucken long to finish reading it!

But don't get me wrong - I enjoyed your suffering, I mean, post! : )

Sorry you got to wake up so fucken early! I would grumble if I have to wake up so early too! You could have woken up at 8am. Haha! Over here, this is pretty normal. We are so used to Malaysian Rubber time. (meaning non punctual and flexible) : )

Cashmere said...

LOL! What a bitch to wait up for somebody who's soooo freaking late!! I can imagine your anger... I would too. Every extra minutes of sleep counts. And you didn't bathe?? Are you scared of the cold water or sth? :P

p/s: btw, I've fixed my problem.. Thanks for telling.. =\

Rad Sujanto said...

Hey, Foong! Yea, I wanted to try to post a long post like you always do on your blog. Hehe... thanks for enjoying my suffering post! :((

yea it wasn't just about waking up in the fucken early morning but also having had to wait for a long delay! it didn't feel good at all... she got to learn from it for next time...

Rad Sujanto said...

Anyway Foong and Cash, thank you guys for agreeing with me being so mad at her having come sooo fucken late! Haha... love you heaps guys! Nice to team up with you! :P

The reasons I didn't bathe were because my ac in the room was still on when I woke up so I felt cold already and we only have cold shower here so cold+cold=no shower :P :P hehehe...

no prob Cash. I'll try to leave a comment again to see if it's really fixed, ok

Rad Sujanto said...

Oh yea Cash... every second in bed counts, esp if you're not alone and not with your parents or anyone other than someone you love :p

God, I'm a bit horned! :O
I kid, I kid, lah!

foongpc said...

rad, errr...who's in bed with you? I hope it's not Lindsay.... LOL!

Rad Sujanto said...

Hahaha like she would want it, Foong! haha

Cashmere said...

haha! You guys forgot she's lesbo?? Unless of cos Rad, you willing to change for her, I think you'll stand a chance.. ;P