Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Work or food?

I've promised Marcus to help him with a translation work for his dissertation. I know I haven't much talked about it. Briefly, that very good friend of mine has been working on his dissertation about digital divides focused on people who live in Yogyakarta, a city where my family lives, in Indonesia. He's done with the interviews and now it's my job to do the translation from Indonesian to English so later he can start the analysis using the translated interviews as the raw data.

I know he reads my blog regularly and realize he'll be upset as soon as he reads this once to know what I'm doing right now. Laying in bed typing this while listening to some random music on Youtube is indeed a pure laziness of mine.

I'll do it, I'll do it. No worries.

I know I'm really not being smart at the moment. Why wasting time talking about it here and not starting the work? Gotta switch on my brain first to get started. Honestly I'm seriously not doing anything at the moment. Somehow I feel I need to stop doing anything major and wait. Wait for I don't know what it is.

God, this is non-sense at all and way boring. Not the work, but me talking about it. My head is almost falling on the bed now. I'm leaning my back against the bed head with a pillow in between. Yea, I'm sandwiching it! The problem is I am like a wet sloppy piece of sandwich bread that can't hold well the beef from sliding off the two breads. God, could this be more boring??

Ok, I'm gonna do the work now. But may I eat first? Hell, now I'm confused where to eat... uni or local kopitiam? Uni is twice cheaper but takes at least one bus just to go there while local kopitiam is only downstairs. Too hungry to walk out or even to get prepared. I'm only in boxer. Wish it wasn't that embarrassing to walk out just in boxer. Well my last time on Kuta beach Bali I didn't mind to walk in boxer only, but the nearest beach here is tens of kilometers away!! like, seriously. Pathetic, I know haha. Miss beaches so much...

Ok, ok, doing the work now but noodles first. lol

Hope I'll have more than 10 translations done tonight.

12 comments:

foongpc said...

"I am like a wet sloppy piece of sandwich bread that can't hold well the beef from sliding off the two breads"

That's funny! LOL!

Get to work, you lazy boy! Stop your procrastination! : )

Rad Sujanto said...

Got that, sir! =P

I've been so lazy today indeed. Got to work 'double' tomorrow as the consequence.

I'll do better sir! lol

Anonymous said...

I agree with Foong..haha :P

littletiara said...

I'm all for FOOD!!! Lmfao!

why did you even asking? That's not a question 'work or food', tsk. LOL xD

Marcus said...

I'm not really bothered when it's done, just that it's completed within the deadline - which is still a few weeks away. I strongly suggest pacing it out rather than cramming. I don't need all the data to start the analysis. Perhaps you can complete the smallest sets first? Please prioritise the Bantul interviews. UGM was a control group so should come last.

Rad Sujanto said...

Tiara, I know you've been struggling how to make better foods lately. No wonder you'd say all for food haha. U wanna be called Little Miss Cook? lol

maybe u should invite me to ur house and serve me with ur best cooking =P

Rad Sujanto said...

Oh ok, Marcus, I've been doing the UGM ones. I'll move on with the Bantul one then. Well I've done some of them actually.

Anonymous said...

Rad,I just replied to your question. Basically you can focus your object anywhere within the frame of the camera. Panning means you move your camera along with the moving object keeping it in focus all the time until you hit the shutter button. You don't move your body though..just the camera.

Rad Sujanto said...

Thanks MBL. I am really eager to take pictures like urs but I'm stuck with the nonexistence of a good camera. I think I get what you mean but I don't know how to try even if I really want to. I have one camera but it's quite old, I'll give it a try to take a picture using one of the techniques u 'taught' and will let u know once posted here.

Anonymous said...

Rad, I am not sure if you can do this with a point and shoot camera...but definitely can if you have DSLR or point and shoot with DSLR function. With a few practice, I am sure you will get it right just like me. Happy trying!

Anonymous said...

Btw, I learned this on DPS...I didn't teach anything..hehhhe.

Rad Sujanto said...

What you just told me about a camera with DSLR function made me feel like backing off. Haha... what the heck is DSLR I never know. Don't worry, once I get a good camera I will obviously look over your pictures to try to catch up. ;)

Thanks a lot, MBL.