Thursday, December 4, 2008

Kuta

Just arrived in Kuta few hours ago. Came here from Lavina by car from a local travel agent. The price was quite high, 315.000IDR -after a strong negotiation (normally it costs 350.000-400.000IDR). However, it was worth it as the journey from Lavina to Kuta took 3 long hours. There was actually another option, by a shuttle bus (75.000IDR), which was much cheaper, but they would charge more for the bags I had. However, to go to Lavina from Kuta they charge 200.000IDR.. by a shuttle bus. I know the price looks crazy I just wanted to let you know in case you are planning on going to Kuta from Lavina. Just let me know if you want more details about the travel agent that I used and where I got the best price from. I can talk to them and let them give you the best price as I've used their service for a transport to Kuta and also my flight home to Yogya.

Anyway, speak of Kuta, it is a much busier side of Bali compared to Lavina, Singaraja. There are more foreigners, mostly from Australia, around here. There are also more shops, bars, nightclubs, and most importantly a very famous beach, Kuta beach! I went to the beach, obviously, straight after I put my bags in the hotel near it. I was so excited! Once I got to the beach, I was like "WOOOW.. this is a real beach.. a very long white sand beach with beautiful big waves". After few minutes feeling the water, I decided to go to a local market to get a pair of proper shorts, had lunch and went back to the beach later in the afternoon to catch up the famous Kuta sunset. During the sunset, I put myself in the water feeling the strong waves hitting me. It made me so relieved at the time. It's been a while I haven't seen such a clean and beautiful long beach since I went to Krakal beach in Gunung Kidul, Yogyakarta.

I haven't taken many pictures yet as I knew I was going to swim in the sea so I left my camera in the room. I hope I can later today or tomorrow so I can share the beauty of Kuta beach with you.

No comments: