Went out to the busy road of Legian last night for dinner and some relaxing times. From the hotel to the road it's about 300meters away. I won't say anything much here as this is still my second of four nights in Kuta so I'll get back with more stories later this week. So, anyway, I just followed the road passing by shops and people offering me a motorbike to rent, a massage, and even.. marijuana. According to people's story marijuana is no longer categorized as forbidden drugs as its effect is not as strong as drugs. Well, that's what I'm told. No worry, I have no interest to give it a try =)
By the way, I kept on walking and at the end of the road (a small junction) I finally got myself to the famous monument in Bali due to Bali bombing few years ago. It was the monument dedicated to Bali bombing victims. Took some pictures there and walked a bit further until I got to this 'famous' nightclub where the Bali bombers exploded one of their bombs, Paddy's Club. Spent a couple of hours in the club with some other foreigners which were mostly young Australians. Had a great time! I have to postpone uploading the pictures because my phone memory where I keep them seems to not work.
See ya!
2 comments:
Marijuana is not a legal drug in any way, however in the UK it is tolerated as a Class C drug - that means a small amount for personal possession is still not legal but is generally overlooked by the police however cultivation and distribution as still illegal and punishable with a fine and up to five years in gaol. Just because things have changed in the UK doesn't mean it has changed elsewhere in the world. For example the sale and smoking of marijuana has been legal for a long time however it's still illegal to grow it and that hasn't changed laws in other countries.
I believe gaol means jail in British English =)
Thanks for the more detailed info about marijuana. I wasn't really clear about it and now am, thanks to you.
Post a Comment