No, the title didn't just tell you what was in my menu today, even though I like crabs. I'd just like to tell you that I had a fun day today. This morning I woke up much earlier (7.30) so I could catch the low tide. I had it planned before I went to bed last night. So, I went to the beach which was only 25 meters away (!) from my room, which is very amusing to me, as soon as I got up. I didn't have a shower but quickly covered myself with clothes from the floor and excitedly went straight to the beach. I was right in time. The tide was pretty low so there was more sand at the beach to walk on. I walked along the line where the wave hit the edge of the beach. At one point I saw a shoal of fish getting 'food' in the low tide benefiting the sun heat which is in theory the warmer the sea water gets, the more 'food' it provides (I honestly can hardly remember what you call these micro creatures which are the main food for fish in the wild sea). Anyway, so, I came closer to that low tide point and could see the small fish jumping on the water escaping from my reach. I then decided to set a small trap by building a blocking wall cutting some side of the low tide so if there was one or more fish swimming to the side where I set the trap, the fish would not realize that there was a wall blocking their way to the deeper sea. Hmm.. I know I wasn't good describing it. No worries, the trap didn't work either. However... I happened to catch a fish which I didn't expect it was gonna be there. I mean I had always seen this type of fish on TV but never really saw or even touched it before. When I was trying to set a bigger trap I happened to have a flat fish near my hand. I was surprised and excited. It took me a min until I was sure it was harmless.. of course by trying sticking my finger to see what its reaction was like. So, here are the pictures that I took while I was playing with it.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Now, I'm gonna talk about the crab story (I'm sure it's a 'b', not 'p'). Later on the day I went back to the same beach after lunch. The tide was already high so I couldn't get to where I was earlier in the morning. When I was walking my feet in the shallow water, my eyes caught this cute crab running away from my big toes and digging the sand. I knew I didn't want to lose the chance so I quickly grabbed it with my bare hands. After few minutes playing with it, I noticed that it had a different type of legs. Not the number of the legs but the shape. It had flat and fit-to-swim legs. Just see the pictures to give you an idea how it looked.
.jpg)
.jpg)
I didn't only catch one crab but two. The second one was the regular one. As soon as I managed to crab it I took it to my room because I was kind of in need of the toilet. I put it in the sink full of water and left it there until I finished my shower. I did take pictures of it in the sink with typical Balinese flowers floating in it. I put the crab on one of them as its private 'boat'. lol. I took the pictures before I put another flower in the sink so it only shows one flower in the pictures and video below.
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment