Thursday, January 1, 2009

First morning of 2009. Merapi says Hi!

I had to wake up very early today (5.30am) because my sister and her son needed to catch up their early train to Surabaya (East Java). Or to be exact I was waken up by her...

Still sleepy now but a bit difficult to get back to sleep as I've been awake almost 2 hours so the will to go back to bed has slightly gone. I looked out from my 'Internet' room window and saw a quite pretty nice view of peace and silence. I then thought... hummm not bad for the first morning of a new year. Here it goes the picture I captured for you all (please don't mind the quality as my phone (camera) was still waking up so you know... like the phone like the owner! lol)


Yes, that's a mountain. We live in a lucky house because we can see the national famous mountain Merapi from our house plus a green rice field in the back of our house.


Closer look of the mountain (source Wikipedia)

It feels so good. I can feel the morning soft wind from the open window behind me. It feels fresh and somehow clean. I can't really judge whether it's truly and
scientifically clean but I just feel it is.

So, it's not so bad to wake up so early like this.
Nawww, doesn't mean I wanna wake up every day so early like this either! Haha... joking =)

Good morning, everyone!

6 comments:

testing123 said...

luckyyyy.. thats a very nice vieww.. I wish there's a mountain like that in front of my houz..

So, ur in indonesia now?? when r u goin bak to Singapore??

Rad Sujanto said...

Yes I've been here since weeks ago. I'm not sure about the exact date when I'll go back to Sing.

Yes, it is a very nice view!

foongpc said...

Wow! Wonderful view from your house! Is that an active volcano? Have you experienced earthquakes and volcano eruptions before? Is it dangerous to stay there? Maybe one day you can show us via YouTube the volcanic eruptions as it happens! : )

Rad Sujanto said...

Hehe. Yes it is very beautiful. It wasn't so clear that morning. It could be much much more clearly. Anyway, yes the mountain is VERY active. One of the most active mountains in the world. It just erupted a couple of years ago and yes it shook the ground a bit. So, people living up to 10km had to be evacuated.

Hmm good idea. I've got some pictures and maybe I can make a slideshow and put it on YouTube. Thanks for the idea, foongpc! =)

foongpc said...

Gosh, living next to a volcano! How do you know when it will erupt? Will you all be evacuated on time? Yes, post some photos or videos of the volcano erupting! : )

Rad Sujanto said...

It used to be every few years but now the 'routine' has changed which makes us a bit concerned. =S

Hehe, we weren't evacuated cause we live around 25-30kms away from the volcano. But the eruption can get really bad that an evacuation over 30km is possible to be done.

Cool, I'll organize my pictures =)

Have you been so close to an active volcano?