Friday, January 2, 2009

Are you also on StarPeace?

Marcus introduced me to this old but very cool online game. It's called StarPeace (SP). Did you play it? Are you? Or have you heard of it before? If you're clueless let me remind you of Sim City (SC). SP is pretty much similar with SC. Only SC is an offline game and SP isn't. Still clueless? Never heard of Sim City either?

Well, either SP or SC are a type of game that allows the players to build whatever such as stores, bars, restaurants, offices, houses, apartments, roads, factories, farms, and many other whatevers. Not just building them but also managing the prices, places from where you get supplies for your stores or factories, having your own company(ies), beautifying the city, facilitating the city with public facilities, and even demolishing what you've built.


StarPeace

The only difference that I learned so far from playing SP for 3 days now with SC is that there's not an option on SP to build airports or even ports, water pipes underground, big water pumps, and most interesting the 'destroyers'! Yes, on SC the players are offered to demolish what they've built with a list of different types of destroyers such as a tornado, a huge freaky robotic Alien with its super hot laser!, fires everywhere, floods, aggressive riots, and a strong earthquake. Yes, you can choose your own disaster to demolish your city! Ain't that cool?! That's what I could remember so far since the last time I played SC it was around 2004! So, anyway, if you play SC, SP should be easily understandable for you.



Sim City

Back to SP. When starting the game you are given $100.000.000 of loan from the local bank. That money you can use to start your business by building whatever you want to start with. Of course I suggest you start with small stores placed in crowded areas a.k.a city centers. I don't need to tell you why =)

You can't make any more profits and your money has gone to not-just-zero but minus? Put the knife down and take it easy! =) There's always a loan you can borrow. It is quite much so you should still be able to survive from the bankruptcy.


Just install the game, guys! There is not such a major difficulty. As you might have guessed or known, this type of game either SP or SC teaches you how to have a good strategy in having your own company before you have one in real life =P

I mostly learned from playing it myself and also asking the other players who were online. It's fun!

P.S: I personally still prefer SC to SP but they're both from the same 'species' so I enjoy playing SP as well! =)

4 comments:

foongpc said...

I'm not much of an online gamer - mostly because I've got no time to play games! LOL! But I've played SimCity before and it's fun!!

Btw, to follow my blog, all you need to do is to sign into your blogspot, go to Dashboard, under reading List, click on Blogs I'm Following. Click Add, enter my blog's URL and just follow the simple steps thereafter
: )

Rad Sujanto said...

Me neither. I'm not really an online gamer apart from SP and Facebook small games hehe.. And yes SimCitt is really fun (when it comes to destroying the city =P hehehe)

I've just followed your blog! Thanks for the instruction =)

testing123 said...

My brotha is a hardcore fan of Sim City. He'll surely like this SP thing. I wish I can illegally download it somewhere in the interweb.. ahahhahahahah

So, u mean SP needs to use online and play with others from other countries (what online game does) unlike SC??

-ikmal

Rad Sujanto said...

Yes, but if he fancies SC a lot he might not really like SP as SP looks (personally to me) under graded compared to SC. What I mean is the graphic. SC is much more detailed.

SP can be downloaded for free. According to what I was told, the player will be given 2 weeks free playing it and after that money will be required to continue your game.

I suggest you play SC first (the latest one is friggin' hot!) or just ask your bro.

Yes, you can chat with other players from the game. There's a chat room.

-coolrad (lol!)