Saturday, November 29, 2008

I fixed my modified ClustrMap

My ClustrMap was broken for quite a while. It happened since I changed the look and the code in order to make it slightly nicer by displaying a much bigger map rather than the default one which is difficult to view. I'm sure you know what I mean if you use ClustrMap.

What I wanted to change was the display image shown on my blog page. The way I did that was by changing the img src address to the bigger map one. A bit too technical for me to explain here. Apparently, I made some mistakes on changing the code which I didn't realize until yesterday, so it's been 14 days being broken. The problem was not obvious at all. The map worked as normal, only it wouldn't record how many visits hit my blog page where the map had been embeded. It went a bit unusual since Nov 14. It kept showing 0 (zero) visitor. Normally I got around 10-20 visitors per day but it kept zero. I got a little bit suspicious there. Something must have gone wrong with my modified map. So, yesterday I emailed ClustrMap to report the problem and now it's solved. I did make some mistakes on changing the code that caused a trouble with recording every visit on my blog.

The point where I realized something went so wrong was when I got 4 new comments but with zero visits recorded in my ClustrMap. That was very wierd to me.

It is working back as normal now and I can still use my bigger map version as the ClustrMap on my blog page. For a result I just checked out the map and I apparently received 14 visits since I fixed the problem yesterday.

No comments: