Sunday, November 2, 2008

Falling in love with "La Javanaise"

There is one Indonesian singer/song writer even though she's now living in France as a French permanent resident named Anggun that I hugely fancy. She is from Java (purely Javanese) and in my eyes she's like the prettiest Javanese woman. She has a soft but heavy voice. Recently I googled her name and found a music video of one beautiful French song re-sung by her in a concert. The song's called La Javanaise (The Javanese) which was originally and firstly sung by Serge Gainsbourg in 1966 (click here for the original video and song by him). I really love the song and even more cause my favorite singer sings it. I've put the song on the list of songs that I'd like to sing someday. There is a couple other songs on the list.

Anyway, click below to see the "La Javanaise" video by Anggun Cipta Sasmi (her full name). Also with the lyric. Enjoy!



J'avoue j'en ai bavé pas vous mon amour
Avant d'avoir eu vent de vous mon amour
Ne vous déplaise
En dansant la Javanaise
Nous nous aimions
Le temps d'une chanson

A votre avis qu'avons-nous vu de l'amour
De vous a moi vous m'avez eu mon amour
Ne vous déplaise
En dansant la Javanaise
Nous nous aimions
Le temps d'une chanson

Hélas avril en vain me voue a l'amour
J'avais envie de voir en vous cet amour
Ne vous déplaise
En dansant la Javanaise
Nous nous aimions
Le temps d'une chanson

La vie ne vaut d'être vécue sans amour
Mais c'est vous qui l'avez voulu mon amour
Ne vous déplaise
En dansant la Javanaise
Nous nous aimions
Le temps d'une chanson

No comments: