Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pity, no celebration for 3110 anywhere. But I found something red and big!

.::HALLOWEEN::.

Well maybe anywhere is not the correct word to say that I didn't find any Halloween celebration tonight both in Chinatown and Jurong West area (like I said those two places are not seriously considered 'anywhere'). I did say in my previous post that I might not have had any party to celebrate Halloween this year but I did go out to hunt people (maybe) dressing in spooky costumes in the street or in some crowded spots like perfect-for-tourists Chinatown. I had my camera ready in my hand to capture anything in Halloween theme but I found nothing special to shoot.

Soo.. rather than just going home straightly I went around a bit in Chinatown. Beside the Chinatown market (my regular eye-refreshing spot), I went a bit further this time to areas I never tried going to before. I found a very nice object for my camera, surprisingly! It's a pagoda. Quite big one. Not surprised I was not the only person having camera in the hand to take pictures of the red pagoda. Here they are I'm sharing with you along with some other pictures around the pagoda (I did modify the lightness and stuff to make them look better as my camera is a bit crappy for night captures).


I was a bit expecting there would be some small celebrations in the street, at least with people in themed costumes, despite the fact I could hardly find special information about Halloween night in Singapore in the internet earlier today and yesterday, although I found few bars using the moment to just get more visitors to buy their drinks and probably half-double up the prices. Not saying that's bad.. pretty smart in a tricky meaning instead, if I have to say.

The night was ok to me though. Not that disappointing. I was happy to find the pagoda and join with the crowd in the Chinatown market. I had fun! -I know that sounds a bit odd as in such spooky night you're supposed to have fear, not fun.

PS: That something red and big is the pagoda, in case you didn't get what I meant.

4 comments:

testing123 said...

singapore has wayy more stuffs to offer when it comes to halloween than malaysia although where I study, its veryy scarey. Anyways, i bet u had loads of fun for hallewen. i didnt dress up as anything which is a bummer.. lmao

Rad Sujanto said...

you have your school haunted??.. by what? you and ur gang!? lol

Anyway, I dont think you would need to dress up for Halloween, Ikmal!

testing123 said...

lmao.. by something.. lol.. it would take foreva to tell ya the story

hahahaha..yeah, probably not

Rad Sujanto said...

then I'm looking forward to the story on your blog! ;)