(or Gimme'em back? 'cause them is sometimes shortened and becomes 'em..)
Oh anyway, hi! I lost some things few days ago. Some valuable things to be exact. Some valuable things like songs, games, photos, videos to be even more exact. They were all saved in my cell.
Few days ago I found a good video on Youtube and downloaded it so I thought I could transfer it in to my cell phone and play it anytime I want without having to get connected to the internet to open Youtube. At the time I had already some downloaded videos and musics plus cool games in there and wanted to add one more music video. Usually I transfer all the extra stuff (songs, games, videos) by using the connector cable or a bluetooth receiver from the pc connected to my cell back in my home which is not where I am currently staying at now. This was my first time to transfer a file by using a card reader. So I took my memory card out of the cell and slid it in the card reader attached to the laptop. The card was read by the system. I was happy it worked so far. Then I copied and pasted the downloaded music video I wanted to have in my cell. It didn't want to do the transfer. It refused to transfer. I stopped for a while thinking what was probably going wrong. I gave it few mins to refresh and re-plug in and out the memory card.
Then an idea came across my mind. What if I format the memory card so it will be like a brand new one by saving all the content of the card by copying and pasting them in My Document in the laptop. I managed to do that. It seemed to be working as after I formatted the card I successfully transferred the music video in to my memory card. I then checked it from the cell video gallery folder but didn't find it saved there. Checked every other folder, it was still no where. I put the card back in to the laptop to check if the video was going to be shown from the laptop and yes it was there. Strangely I couldn't see it from my cell. Strange.
I gave up. I thought it was just the video that might not have a suitable type of file so it could not be played or even shown from my cell. I finally decided to move every old thing in my cell, the games, the songs, the every old thing I used to have in my cell. They were successfully pasted but... bad news. Same thing happened, the cell would not read the card. So whatever I tried putting in to my cell would not appear from my cell.
The next day after I left the problem overnight, I realized something. I realize I cannot just copy and paste or transfer anything in to my cell without installing the driver first. Transferring some files out of my memory card in to the pc is always possible but not otherwise (without installing the driver first).
Anyway, although I got the solution, I am just still a bit pissed off to make such silly mistake that I should have been conscious with before. It's fine now tho'.
So.. will need to transfer everything back once I get back home in a couple of weeks using my pc at home where the driver is properly installed there. Miss my Tiny Ninja game.. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment