Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Black smoke over S'pore's sky

Just got home from helping friends. Tired and my feet stink as heaven! Heaven for foot fetishist.

As always, I took MRT to go home (Outram Park <-> Boon Lay). On the way just when the train unloaded-loaded passengers at Jurong East station the music on my ears was distracted by a strange view outside in the sky of Singapore. Ummm... black smoke??

You must be taking it not quite strangely. If you watch Lost you must know what I felt when I saw the black smoke =)

Anyway, there was a big black smoke in the sky. I wasn't sure what it was until I saw where the smoke came from. It was like something was burning vastly. I couldn't see what exactly was burning cause another building kind of covered it. The smoke was quite strong though. I mean the way it aired up to the sky was quite aggressive. It was just big.

The pictures weren't taken at Jurong East station but at Chinese Garden which was 1 station further from Jurong East so the smoke looked slightly smaller than it was from Jurong East. Until now I'm not sure what it was, I mean whether it was really a burning building or a deliberate action. I was tempted to ask the person sitting next to me but I noticed very few people in the train were not 'attracted' by the big black smoke. A lady next to me was an ang mo and she looked bored... no much option left.

So, is it so common to have such a big black smoke here? Is it the way they demolish an old building or what? Cashmere, do you know anything of this? I hope it wasn't your house and you're just fine, anyway =) Oh, I'm not even sure if it was a building, it could be a car too.

4 comments:

Twilight Man said...

Maybe they were testing nuclear and just blasted a rocket to Malaysia, their all time enemy. LOL....

Rad Sujanto said...

if it was really a nuclear I'm so glad it missed the MRT that I took this morning *sigh*

are you in Malaysia or Singapore, Monsieur Zone??

Twilight Man said...

If you read my older posts here & there, you could gather that I was born in Penang and grew up in Thailand before graduating in US and settled to work in KL... What are you doing there?

Rad Sujanto said...

Wow you're everywhere dude!

I'm just visiting my friends here while 'helping' them with Indonesian language.

Oh anyway a friend of mine told me that the black smoke was a demonstration of a war or something like that. It was to represent a bombing attack. Well that's the info I got so far about the black smoke.