I'd just like to share one of my fave foods. It's fried oyster. I believe it's Chinese as I've always had it at Chinese stalls. I heard that oyster helps you get more stamina (I mean 'stamina') aka more of masculinity for men. Well, I don't personally like eating it because I knew the 'power' of it but I just like the taste of the cooking.Anyway, today I had one for dinner. This time I wasn't really lazy unlike usual waiting for the food at my table but I stood waiting in front of the stall while watching the cook making the meal. I then got surprised that they used raw oysters not even boiled. I was surprised in a good way. "Ah, that's why they always taste fishy"
Don't take it wrong. I mean they didn't really fry the raw oyster but only the other ingredients like the flour and egge (yea... I also found out that the ingredients were only flour and eggs which disappointed me a bit hehe)Hmmm... love oysters!
10 comments:
I like ochien (in Hokkien) too but alot of ppl cook them in a thick omelette with very little oysters so you get alot of egg instead. I have yet to find a good one here..but the one time I had it on Crab Island was really good...yum.
To be honest when I watched the cook making the oysters I noticed that I paid $4 for 4 oysters. I did pay attention to how many oysters they put along with the scrambled eggs and flour. I then saw on the board saying "$4/$5/$6" so I guessed one oyster was worth $1.
I've never heard of Crab island anyway.
Gimme 5ive! I love ochien too. Haha =) There's this one time I eat friend osyters almost everyday! Damm!
I might sound so addicted in my post to oysters but I wouldn't or should I say 'couldn't!' have them everyday! lolol
Crab Island's Pulau Ketam in the Malay language..about 30min ferry ride from Port Klang. I went there this morning but didn't see the ochien stall. Besides, my fren and I were more thirsty than hungry so we didn't stay on for seafood lunch.
Dont forget to go watch the cchingay today if you haven't been to one yet.. :)
Oh, MBL, Crab Island is near where you live? I looked it up on google and saw some pictures. It looks like a fishing village, isn't it?
Oh, I forgot that event. Anyway I just checked out the website of the event and after I saw the fee for a seat I decided to not go. I would only want to go to a street parade where I could walk along with them not just sit and watch. The fee wasn't just worth it to me. hehe
Oysters are delicious but be careful not to eat raw cos you can get Hepatitis virus from uncooked oysters. I like it with my fried kuay teow.
Oh, I think they always have them raw at my fave oysters stall. Or should I just ask them? Hmm thanks for the info, Foongpc. I like kuay teow! 'cause the noodles are big lol
Post a Comment