Sunday, January 11, 2009

2009 First New Layout

Been busy on the computer since yesterday trying to modify my website layout. There was nothing wrong with the old one. I just felt like it was a bit... hmmm a bit... not so personal yet =) So, I browsed some random websites the last four days to get an inspiration for my new layout. After I gathered the ideas I'd gotten I started making the new layout, or should I say I restarted it from the scratch?

As always it wasn't an easy work for me. To rebuild the layout I had to restart from a default template which was then entirely modified. So instead of writing the HTML codes from zero I used what was available which later I modified as I wanted.

("before" image to left) I did all the modification by myself. I'm not showing off, just saying that... hey I'm not really knowing HTML codes that much. Never take any relevant course. At the end I created a new layout from simple things. So what I'm saying is that even a not smart person like me can make a new layout, so can everybody else. I'm really happy to look at new change of layout on blogs I read. It's an exciting thing to me and also 'useful' as I learn modifying layouts from browsing some cool designed blogs around the world.

It's not been a while since I changed my website layout. Less than the last 2 months I changed the layout for three times already (including this time). I do get bored quite fast of anything. But don't think bad yet. I honestly just felt that my layouts so far were not really 'me' yet and badly I couldn't do much as I didn't have the mood, the time, the skill etc. That's actually the main reason I keep changing the layout. I'm honestly happier with this one. It looks, at least, a bit different with the ones before. To me it looks simpler and not too confusing, I mean more 'centralized' if you know what I mean.

("after" image to left) In the new layout I did reduce some of the widgets to keep it tidy a bit. And honestly I have become unsure if I still have to put my Google ads back. The problem is there's not really 'enough' room left (it is expandable) but also... do you really click on the ads except myself (by accident!) and my understanding friends and family (even that is after I 'push' them) ? I'm still thinking of putting my Google ads back on the layout. Let's see! ( @ Marcus: Up to you! ;-))

Ok ok I won't say any more boring story =) So, anyway, I just shared the before and after layout captured image above with you all. Naw, it's not the Spot the Difference game... hehe.

Please enjoy and I hope you find this new layout better =)

15 comments:

Marcus said...

I like it. It has a fresh feel. I think the background green could be a bit paler and the blue in the header a bit darker for more contrast.

Rad Sujanto said...

You mean something like this? (just made some change with the referred colors)

Thanks for the developing critic =)

Anonymous said...

I like it a lot. A lil "ek" to the fonts. but other than that, 2 thumbs up dude! Im totally srprrised u did all of this from scratch!! well done!!

I like the WEL-KUM TWO thingy!!

Rad Sujanto said...

Thanks for your 'thumbs' Ikmal! =))

"ek"?

Yes I did but it wasn't easy haha

So, WELL-KUM TWO my website Ikmal! =)))) Do you have a thought to have a new layout? Beside your posts I do notice your layout too. =)

foongpc said...

I like this too! Err...but somehow, I have a feeling this is not the final layout. You will be changing it again, won't you? : )

Rad Sujanto said...

Hehe looks like so, Foongpc. Glad you left a comment cause I kinda lost the 'Blogs I Read' links so now I can link you again.

maybe I will personalize a bit more =P hehehe...

testing123 said...

i want to change to anotha layout coz lots of people said that my blog is ugleh!! but the thing is, finding a good one-editing a lil- are just too complicated and time consuming. Wanna make me one? :p.. kidding

Rad Sujanto said...

Your blog layout isn't ugly or what you call it ugleh! lol to me it's ok and obviously not messy. However I still look forward to your new layout design.

Sure, I can help you to make the new layout. Of course it's time consuming so when I have much free time I will help you =)

testing123 said...

Thanks Rad Sujanto!!!! I really appreciate it.. My fav colour is Blue, if you were wondering :p

hehehhe

testing123 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rad Sujanto said...

oh ok Blue. I will make everything blue then; the fonts, background, links, everything! Hahaha =)) joking! Yep, I can help you for sure =)

Ok I'll add it then delete the comment. I'll add it from my Y!M.

testing123 said...

THANKS A LOTTTTT!!! lol

Anonymous said...

Hi Rad,

How are you? Nice new layout. I wish i can propose something about Google Ads. If you're available, kindly email me coolbuster_2008[at]yahoo[dot]com.

looking forward to your response.

Rad Sujanto said...

No problem, Ikmal. That's what blogging friends are for sometimes =))

Rad Sujanto said...

Hi hi hi, Coolbuster!

Thanks =) The reason I don't want to put the Ads here is not because I don't know how to do it but I'm afraid it will slightly make my layout too crowded again and look so commercial.

Thanks for visiting back =)