Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy should-be-Birthday to my kind grandpa!

He's passed away. His birthday was every 31st of Dec. Same month as mine. He died in 2003 when I was still in High School. This won't be a long posting but pretty personal so if interested just click the option below =)

His name was Syahdan. He was my mum's dad. The day when he died I was in the class listening to the teacher (or chattering with a friend behind the table.. =P). A guy suddenly appeared from nowhere (outside obviously!) just right on the class door. It was our driver. The teacher brought me out to meet him and there he told me about the bad news about my grandpa. I was surely shocked like hell. He had not been sick at all. He died at old age. And so I went to where he lived with his wife and didn't dare to look at his face. According the story going on at the time, he died on his favorite chair in his room when no one else was at home. I guess my grandma was in Jakarta while my aunt had been taking care of him. She was taking a lunch for him and was the one who found out his dead body.

I just knew, as everyone else did, he died peacefully. He'd been a very kind man. He LOVED taking care of plants and flowers. He bred flowers from different kinds. He grew big trees in his back yard. He had been busy enjoying his old age by taking care of what was in his yard and garden.

That's me and him

Since he had quite a lot of trees in the back yard he quite often found small animals like lizards. I still remember he called our house just to pick up a chameleon from his house and we did! (well I did plead to my parents! lol) He was that sort of person. He was happy to share almost anything with people he knew well.

Well through this posting I pray a great peace for him up there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa.

Here's wishing you Happy New Year Rad!!

Rad Sujanto said...

Thank you =)

Happy New Year to you too!

testing123 said...

awwhh. sorry bout ur grandpa

he has an awesome birth date

Rad Sujanto said...

LOL, Ikmal. I wonder if he was born right at New Year's 'midnight'... hehe

I have a lot of respect for him =D