I'm just done with my work today. It's been a week I've been a little busy so I kept falling behind to try to update my blog everyday as I wanted. The work is about subtitling and translating. It's a 5 hour long video of some research done by a local company in Singapore which generally speaks about miners and people working and living near mount Bromo, East Java, Indonesia. I don't want to speak so much about the work or what the video exactly consists of as I have no authority to spoil it out without the permission from the company. However, basically, it is a video in which there are loads of interviews to be subtitled and then translated (Indonesian-English). The result is 86 pages of Word document.
To be honest, the hardest part of doing the subtitle of a video is that sometimes you need to rewind it over 10 times to only get one word, I repeat one word!, said in the video. It is due to either the noise in the background during the interview or the person who speaks very softly. One more thing, sometimes you have to 'quarantine' yourself in the most quite room in your house (I'm talking about my own case..). If there is not, then you have to struggle with other noises around you while you're struggling to listen to every single word said in the video to be subtitled.
Anyway, it's over now. I have not submitted the work yet but I'm happy I've completed it. There's a couple of things that should be done first before the submission but they are minors. Time to enjoy the weekend!
Speaking of which, my roommate just (BREAKING NEWS: my roommate just sang The Simpsons jingle) asked me to go to a Chinese karaoke slash bar near the apartment but I'm not sure whether I can accept the invitation as I've not been feeling well since yesterday. However, I think I should go out somewhere to release the stress out of my head. Yea, I think I'm gonna go out tonight!
*yawn*..
2 comments:
we really appreciate your hardwork! thanks so much!
Qiaojuan
August Pictures Pte Ltd
Any time =)
Post a Comment