Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What's this?

Last night I had a simple but very nice meal. It's a mix of plain rice, grilled mutton, long-sliced cucumbers and carrots, chillies, hot sauce, grilled beef, fried peanut with small salted fish, mashed-fried potato, and one small and thin thing with a sweet taste and a shape of a flowery round leaf. I don't know how exactly to describe that thing so I took a couple of pictures of the meal with the 'thing' in focus. So here they are (in the pictures I was half way eating):





That sweet thing was the one I didn't eat. I didn't know how to eat it! It tasted like something you just like sucking till it loses the sweetness. So I just put it in my mouth and sucked the sweetness it's all got. I didn't think I would have chewed or even swallowed it as sometimes I chew something sweet it slowly gets bitter so I didn't want to have the same experience last night with that sweet thing in my mouth.

Anyway I'm just wondering what that thing would be called. I have not done anything like a research on the internet or even asking my mom yet to know what that thing is. Well I could have just asked the vendor of the meal but it's not near from home and I don't think that'd be polite.

Honestly I bought the meal from a Muslim food vendor. As I don't eat pork so I trust them for that.. so I don't think that thing was pork. Hey I don't know what pork tastes like, it could be sweet (although that might be strange for a taste of meat).

No comments: